4-5 whole chicken legs – washed and deboned
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp Woh Hup Pure Sesame Oil
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tbsp Woh Hup Vegetarian Sauce (Shitake Mushroom Lower Salt
(Marinade chicken legs with above seasoning sauce and leave in the fridge for at 4-6 hours)
Combine Sauce Ingredients
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp black vinegar
1 tsp chilli oil
1 tbsp thick soy sauce
3 clove garlic
6-7 slices ginger
2 fresh red chilli and 2 chilli padi
1 stalk spring onion – chopped
1 tbsp sesame toasted sesame seed
1 tbsp Woh Hup Pure Sesame oil
1) Pound 3/4 of the sesame seed into a paste and set aside.
2) Bring 1/2 a saucepan of water to the boil. When the water is about to boil, put in the marinaded chicken legs. When the water begins to boil rapidly, turn off the fire, cover the saucepan tightly and allow chicken legs to steep for 20 minutes until cooked through.
3) Drain chicken from stock and cut into serving size pieces and arrange on a serving plate.
4) Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil in a wok until hot. Turn off the fire and add in minced ingredients. Stir fry for 30 seconds. Stir ground sesame seed paste into combined sauce ingredients and pour into the wok.
5) Mix well and pour sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds and spring onions.