Dough ingredients (A)
150 g butter/margarine
130 g castor sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Filling Ingredients (B)
200 g slice almonds
250 g dried mixed fruits and nuts
100 g butter/margerine
1 tsp vanilla essence
40 ml evaporated milk
2 tbsp honey
1) Mixed Ingredients A to form a soft dough.
2) Roll the dough thinly and place on a greased square baking tray (18cm x 28cm).
3) Baked on pre heated oven 180 C for 20 minutes.
To Make top layer ingredients
1) Cook sugar till caramized, add in evaporated milk, honey and butter. Stir to mix till well dissolved.
2) Add in vanilla essence, mixed fruits, nuts and sliced almonds. Pour onto baked dough, using a spatula to spread evenly.
3) Baked for 20 minutes at 180 C.
4) Remove from oven and cut into rectangle or square shape.