2 daikon – Use the middle section of the daikon, pare the daikon, then trim into a baton like shape 2 inch. Use a cleaver or knife parallel to the daikon, cut a long continuous sheet around the length of the daikon
100 g minced chicken meat – season with salt and corn flour
100 g minced prawn meat – season with corn four
3 fresh water chestnut – minced coarsely and squeeze out excess water
1/2 egg white
1/2 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp marmite yeast extract
6-8 pieces fresh scallops – halved
1/2 tbsp Marmite Yeast Extract
Stock from steaming
2 tbsp corn flour
1) In a deep pot boil water with a bit of oil and salt, add in daikon sheets and blanch for 1 minute, drain and soaked in ice water.
2) In a mixing bowl, add in minced meat, prawns, water chestnut, marmite, chicken powder and egg white, mixed well to form a firm and smooth paste. (Lift mixture with the hand and throw forcefully into the bowl continuously for 1 minute)/ Shape into balls and set aside.
3) Take a piece of daikon sheetm sprinkle with a bit of corn flour, place the meat ball in the centre and wrapped over. Place a piece of scallops on top. Do the same to the rest till finished.
4) Place all the wrapped daikon in a greased steamer plate and steamed over rapidly boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain liquid from dish , strain and add in the 1/2 tbsp marmite, mix well, bring to a boil and set aside as dipping.
5) Arrange steam daikon balls neatly on a serving dish and drizzle some dipping sauce over it. Top with wolfberry.