1 Black chicken – deboned and minced finely
4 fresh water chestnut – minced coarsely
4 pieces dried shitake mushroom – soaked till soft and chopped coarsely
100 g prawns – minced finely
Wanton skin (square/round type)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
Dash of pepper
1 egg white
1/2 tsp chicken powder
1 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp carrots – minced finely
1) Season A with B and 1 tsp corn oil. Beat the mixture with a spoon and refrigerate the mixture for 20-30 minutes.
2) Put about 2 tsps of the filling in the centre of the wanton skin and gather the edge of the wrapper to the top, letting it pleat naturally.
3) Place the dumplings in greased steaming plate and sprinkle tops with minced carrots. Steamed for 12 – 15 minutes.
4) The balance of the mixture, make into round balls and deep fried till crispy and golden. Drain and set aside.
5) To Serve : Thread steamed siew mai and balls into skewer and serve with Honey Tomato Salsa Sauce
Honey Tomato Salsa Sauce
120 g fresh tomato – diced
30 g chopped red onion
10 g chopped parsley
5 g mint leaves – sliced
15 ml olive oil
Dash of salt and pepper
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp Huiji Honey
1) Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix well. Add in seasoning and set in chiller for 45 minutes.
2) Serve with Siew Mai and fried balls.