8-10 big chicken wings – mid joints and tip only, washed and pat dry
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp fish sauce
5 pieces coriander roots – pounded
4 shallots – pounded
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp ginger juice
1 tbsp corn flour
1/2 tsp sugar
250 g prawns
100 g minced chicken meat (using the meat scrape from the wings)
1 tsp white pepper
2 chilli padi – minced
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1/2 egg white
2 tbsp red curry paste
1 tsp corn flour
(flatten each prawn with the side of the cleaver, whack hard once or twice. Minced finely and place in a bowl with the minced chicken meat. Stir vigorously with a pair of chopstick in one direction till sticky. Add in all other filling ingredients and mix thoroughly.
1) To make chicken wing pocket, cut tendon around exposed tip of bones. Scrape out meat from each bone with a knife, twist and remove smaller bones. Cut remaining bigger bone from joint. Marinade with seasoning ingredients for about 4-6 hours in fridge.
2) Filled chicken wings with prawn mixture till 3/4 full. Steam over rapidly boiling water for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
3) Dredge with crispy tempura flour and set aside for 5-10 minutes, to let flour adhere well to the chicken wings
4) Tap gently to remove excess flour, deep fry wings over medium low heat till crispy and golden brown, drain well on kitchen paper towel.
5) Serve hot with Thai sweet sauce at the side.