3-4 pieces boneless chicken thighs/breastmeat
100 g cashew nuts
100 g peanuts
5 tbsp flour (3 tbsp corn flour + 2 tbsp rice flour)
Oil for deep frying
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp shaoxing jiu
11/2 tsp 5 spice powder
1 tsp sugar
1) Make a few slits on the chicken and season with marinade sauce, set aside for 5-6 hours or preferably overnite.
2) Pulse the roasted cashew and peanuts in a blender or pounded till they resemble coarse crumbs.
3) Coat the marinated chicken cutlet with the nuts crumbs before coating with flour mixture. shake off excess flour.
4) Heat enough oil in a pot till moderate bubble sizzles around the chopstick. Deep fry in small batches (preferably 1 piece at a time)/
5) Deep fry till golden brown and crispy, drain well and cut into slice. Serve hot.