5-6 big/medium Russet Potato
2 yellow onions – diced finely
120 g minced chicken meat
Small eggs/quail eggs
4 cloves garlic
150 g chedder cheese
2 tbsp olive oil/butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre heat oven (200 C). Scrub potato, pat dry and pierce them with a fork and place them on the oven rack and baked for 30-40 minutes or till soft.
2) Heat oil/butter in a large frying pan and saute onions till soft, add in minced meat and saute till opaque.
3) When the potato are cool enough to handle, cut into halve and scoop the interior out leaving about each about 1/4 inch shell of skin and flesh left. Add in the scoop potato flesh, cheese, salt and pepper into the pan. Stir to combine evenly.
4) Place the potato shell on the baking sheets and fill them with the mixture. Press the mixture with a spoon so a hole is form to make a space for the egg. Add in some bacon bits and crack an egg on top of each portion.
5) Cook at 200 C for about 15-20 minutes until egg is set. The white are set but the yolk are a bit runny but you can cook longer so that the yolk is cooked through.