250 g Bai Ling Gu – slice thinly
3-4 pieces Shitake mushroom – soak till soft
1 piece chicken breastmeat – cut into strips
1 small can button mushroom – halved
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
11/2 tsp corn flour
2 tbsp water
8 stalks Shanghai White Cabbage (siew pak chai)
1 tsp wolfberris
1 packet CP concentrated Chicken broth
100 ml water
Salt to taste
A pinch of pepper
11/2 tsp corn flour (add with 1 tbsp water) for thickening
1) Marinate chicken breast meat with seasoning ingredients for 30 minutes.
2) Rub some oil on a bowl, place Shitake mushroom in the centre and arrange sliced Bai Ling Gu on the side.
3) Arrange marinated chicken meat and button mushroom alternatively on top of the shitake mushroom.
4) Bring broth ingredients to a boil and blanched vegetable. Remove the vegetables and immerse in cold water.
5) Steam over rapidly boiling water for 15-20 minutes. Over turn to a plate and decorate with blanched vegetable at the side.
6) Bring broth to a boil and add in wolfberry and thicken with corn starch. Pour over mock abalone and serve hot.