120 g unsalted butter
40 g icing sugar
60 ml Coconut cream
1 tbsp Ikan Billis powder (pan fry ikan billis till crisp and grind to powder, sieve it) or you can use Knorr Ikan Billis powder
3 1/2 tbsp Sambal Hae Bee Hiam/Sambal Nasi Lemak
1 large egg white
130 g Rice flour
130 g Plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
(Sieve flours, salt and baking powder together – set aside)
3 tbsp fried peanuts
Fried Ikan Billis for garnishing
1 large egg yolk (mix with a bit of water) for glazing
1) In a mixing bowl, add in flour mixture, ikan billis powder and peanuts, mix evenly and set aside.
2) Cream butter with icing sugar till light and fluffy, add in Sambal and beat it in. Add in egg white and incorporate till smooth mixture.
3) Add in the flour and coconut cream alternately ie flour >coconut cream>flour>coconut cream>flour. Mix till it becomes a dough. Do not overmix.
4) Shape them to your prefer sizes or 1/2 tbsp balls. Brush with egg yolk and place an Ikan Billis on top. Leave it to dry and egg wash the second time.
5) Bake in pre heated oven 180 C for 15-18 minutes on medium shelf. Bake longer if want more crispier.
6) Cool on wire rack completely before storing in airtight container.