Egg Yolk Mixture
250 g unsalted butter
120 g castor sugar
4 large egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
200 g Prima Top Flour
1 tsp double action baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp shredded gula melaka (boiled with 1 tbsp water over low heat till melted totally and sieve it)
– cool it down totally and mix to coconut cream & pandan paste (stir to mix evenly)
60 ml Coconut cream/milk
1/2 tsp Pandan Paste
4 large egg whites
50 g castor sugar
1) In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy, add in vanilla essence and mix well. Add the egg yolk one at a time and beat it in.
2) Sieve in flour mixture (salt and baking powder) and coconut cream mixture (gula melaka & pandan paste) in the following sequence : flour>coconut cream>flour>coconut cream, mix with spatula till well combined. Set aside.
3) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy, gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peak forms. Transfer 1/3 of the meringue to egg yolk mixture and mix till well combined before adding the next 1/3 portion, fold in just incorporated and then adding the balance 1/3 portion and fold until no white streaks remain.
4) Pour the mixture into 8″ round cake pan with the base lined with greased parchment paper. Smooth the top and bake at 170 C for 40-45 minutes or till the cake is cook through (skewer came out clean when inserted).
5) Once baked, remove the cake from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring it to wire rack to cool completely.