85 g butter
2 salted egg yolk (steamed till firm)
125 g cake flour/plain flour
10 g potato starch flour/cornflour
30 g icing sugar
30 g milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sesame seeds – for decorations
1 egg yolk – for egg wash
1) Pre heat oven to 165 C.
2) Cream the butter, icing sugar and salt till light and fluffy. Sift in all the flour (cake flour, potato starch flour, milk powder) fold well with a spatula to mix well.
3) Stir in the mashed salted egg yolks and use hand to knead to form a soft dough (do not over knead). Wrap dough in cling wrap and put in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4) Roll dough with some dusted flour into 3mm thickness between 2 plastic sheets and put back to fridge for 5-10 minutes to harden, before cutting them into shapes using your desired cutter.
5) Brush cookies with egg yolk and sprinkle sesame seeds on them and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Cool down cookies completely before storing into an airtight container