Egg Yolk mixture
230 g unsalted butter
100 g castor sugar
5 egg yolk
180 g coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Flour Mixture (combined together)
160 g Black Glutinous flour
100 g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
(sieve flour mixture twice)
5 egg whites
80 g castor sugar
1) Pre heat oven and lined a 8″ x 8″ square pan.
2) In a mixing bowl, whisk butter and sugat till light and creamy. Add in egg yolk one at a time and beat it in before adding the next.Beat in the vanilla essence.
3). Add in 1/2 amount of the flour mixture, follow by the 1/2 amount of the coconut milk. Stir and mix well. Add in the remaining flour mixture, follow by the coconut milk. Scrape the bowl and give the batter a final mixture. Set aside.
4) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy, gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peak forms. Transfer 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture, beat this in . Gently fold in the remaining meringue in 2 batches until all the egg whites have been incorporated.
5) Pour batter into cake tin and bake at 160 C for about 60 minutes or until cake is cooked through (skewer comes out clean).
6) Let is cool for in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.