1 kg baby squid
1 big onion – cut into big chunks
1/2 pineapple – cut into big chunks
1 tbsp toasted sesame seed
350 ml Thai Sweet Chilli sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
Salt to taste
1 tsp Knor Hao Chi All-In-One-Seasoning Powder
1) Wash and dry the squid thoroughly. Coat with some corn flour. Set aside for 20 minutes.
2) Heat enough oil in the wok over medium high heat. Deep fry the baby squid till crisp and golden brown. Drain and set aside.
3) Using the same oil, deep fry onion and pineapple over high heat for 5 seconds. Drained and set aside.
4) Heat about 2 tbsp oil in wok, add the sauce ingredients, stir to mix well. Taste accordingly and adjust to your preference. Add in the crispy squid and stir fry till the sauce caramelize and crispy.
5) Add in the fried onion and pineapple, toss to mix well. Dish out to serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seed.