5 large egg yolk
120 g Gula Melaka – shave
30 ml santan
105 ml oil
160 g cake flour
11/2 tsp double Acting baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
(Sift flour, salt and baking powder 2 times, set aside)
6 large egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
90 g castor sugar
1) Pre heat oven to 170 C. Lined a 8″ round pan and grease the side.
2) In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolk with gula melaka till well mixed. Add in santan and mix well.
3) Heat oil in a saucepan till slightly hot and add in the sifted flour mixture and whisk till mixture is smooth and thick. Transfer to the yolk mixture abnd mix till well blended.
4) In clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat it in. Gradually add in sugar till beat till egg whites are glossy but at soft peaks.
5) Add 1/3 of the meringue to yolk mixtures and fold lightly to mix before adding the next 1/3 portion. Fold in just incorporated and add in the balance 1/3 and fold till no white streaks remain. Gently pour the batter into prepared pan and bake with water bath for 80 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Remove cake from pan as soon as cake starts to pull away from the pan and allow to cool on rack completely.