Egg Yolks mixture
5 egg yolk
30 g castor sugar
Rind of 1 orange
80 ml fresh orange juice
1 tsp orange paste
40 ml corn oil
70 g cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
(sieve flour, salt and baking powder 2-3 times)
10 g coco powder
5 egg whites
80 g castor sugar
10 g corn flour
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1) Whisk egg and castor sugar till creamy, add in corn oil, 50 ml of orange juice, orange paste and rind.Mix till well combined.
2) Sieve in flour mixture and mix well. Set aside 3 tbsp of batter and add in sieve coco powder, stir to mix till well combined.
3) Slowly add in remaining orange juice into plain and coco batter to achieve desire consistency.
4) In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites till foamy, add in cream of tartar and beat till soft peaks. Gradually add in sugar and beat till stiff peak forms, add in corn flour and ,ix well.
5) Transfer 1/3 of the meringue to white batter and gently fold in. Add 5 tbsp of the meringue to coco batter and well well. Pour the white batter to remaining meringue and gently fold till no white streaks remains.
6) Pour 1/2 of the white mixtures to 21 cm tube pan, slowly pour in the coco mixture. Finally pour in the remaining white mixture over the coco mixtures. (use a chopstick to swirl around if you want marble effect). Bang the pan on flat table top 2 times to remove any big bubbles.
7) Bake in pre heated oven at 165 C for 35-40 minutes or until cake is done. Invert immediately and cool on wire rack.