Egg yolk mixture
5 egg yolk (large)
230 g unsalted butter
80 g castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
200 g self raising flour
3 tbsp coco powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
(sieve SRF, coco powder, salt & baking powder together 2 times, set aside)
51/2 tbsp fresh milk
Milo Powder (to sprinkle on top of cake)
5 egg whites
70 g castor sugar
250 g cream cheese
60 g castor sugar
1 egg (large)
1 tbsp Self raising flour
1) Grease and lined a 8″ x 8 ” square pan/round, pre heat oven (165 C).
2) In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till pale and fluffy, add in vanilla essence and beat it in. Add egg yolk one at a time, beat well before adding the next. Fold in flour mixtures alternate with milk until well mixed.
3) Cream cheese mixtures till light and fluffy, set aside.
4) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy, gradually add in sugar and beat till stiff peak forms. Transfer 1/3 of the meringue to yolk mixtures and gently fold in. Pour the yolk mixtures to the remaining meringue and mix well till no white streaks remain.
5) Pour 1/2 the chocolate mixture into the baking pan, slowly spoon in the cheese mixture. Lastly cover the cheese mixture with the remaining chocolate mixture. (you can swirl the mixtures with a chopstick to create marble effect). Sprinkle enough milo powder to cover the cake.
6) Bake in pre heated oven (165 C) for 60 or until cake is cooked through (skewer inserted comes out clean). Leave cake in pan for 5-8 minutes to cool before transferring to cooling wire to cool completely.