5-6 Selar fish or Kembung
5-6 pieces pandan leaves
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced shallots
3 tbsp chilli paste
11/2 tbsp chilli powder
1 tbsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp tamarind paste (mixed with 2 tbsp water)
4 tbsp water
Salt and sugar to taste
1) Remove gut from fish, wash and drain. Make 2-3 slits on each side of the fish.
2) Mix marinades ingredients well and rub on the fish and season for 2-3 hours.
3) Wash pandan leaves, use 1 pandan leaf to wrap 1 fish, use a toothpick to secure the leaf in place. Repeat this step till the fishes are wrapped up.
4) Place fish in a baking tray lined with aluminium foil. Bake in pre heated oven (200 C) for 20-30 minutes or till skin is crisp and cooked through.
5) Serve hot with Sambal Cencaluk.