Egg Yolk Mixture
5 egg yolks
160 g Nutella
20 g milo powder/coco powder
90 ml fresh milk
1 tbsp corn oil
85 g cake flour ( sieve 2 times)
1 tsp vanilla essence
5 egg whites
80 g castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar (optional)
1) In small pot, boil milk with nutella and milo powder over low heat until Nutella & milo powder has dissolve completely. Bring to a boil, then remove heat and set aside to cool.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolk with the Nutella/milo/milk mixtures, oil until well combined. Add in vanilla essence, flour and mix till well combined.
3) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg whites till foamy, add in cream of tartar (optional) and whisk for a while, gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peak forms.
4) Transfer 1/3 of the meringue to yolk mixture and fold it in. Fold in the remaining meringue and mix till no white streaks remain.
5) Pour the mixture to 23 cm tube pan UNGREASED. Lift the pan about 10 cm off the table top and drop it onto the table top to remove larger air bubbles. Repeat a few times.
6) Bake in pre heated oven (180 C) for about 35-40 minutes. Once baked, invert the pan and allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the mould.