4 chicken legs/breast meat – deboned and with or without skin
(marinade with some salt, pepper, sesame oil and corn flour for at least 4 hours or overnight)
6 pieces pandan leaves
4 pieces kaffir leaf – slice thinly
4 small chilli padi – sliced thinly
Diamond Baking Paper
1 tomato – sliced thinly
1/2 cucumber – cut into strips
1/2 big onion – cut into rings
Sauce Mixture (combined together)
5 pieces sour plum – seeded and cut finely
4 tbsp each – plum sauce and tomato ketchup
1/2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp sugar
120 ml water
11/2 tbsp Thai chilli sauce
1) Bring sauce mixture to a boil until fragrant and slightly thickens. Add in shredded kaffir leaves and chilli padi.
2) Pan fry marinated chicken without oil till 1/2 cooked. Dish out and set aside.
2) Lined a baking tray with aluminium foil and place a baking paper over it.Then place the pandan leaves over it. Lay the chicken piece (skin side down) Baste with some sauce mixture.
3) Bake in pre heated oven (200 C) for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the chicken over, baste the skin side with sauce mixture and return to oven and continue to bake for another 15 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and a bit ‘charred’.
4) Remove from and serve hot with sliced tomato, ring onions, cucumber and sauce mixture.