Egg yolk mixture
4-5 large egg yolks
40 g cream cheese/2 slices chedder cheese
25 g butter
60 g All purpose flour (sift together with 10 g corn flour & 1/2 tsp baking powder)
4-5 large egg whites
80 g castor sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1) Pre heat oven to 170 C.
2) Boil milk at medium low heat and add in cheese slices and butter, stir still well melted. Leave milk mixture to cool.
2) Add egg yolk to milk mixture and mix till well combined. Gradually add in flour and mix till smooth.
3) In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites till frothy, add in cream of tartar and whisk till soft peak forms, gradually add in sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
4) Transfer 1/3 of the meringue to cheese mixture, fold in gently with plastic spatula till well combined. Pour cheese mixture to remaining meringue and fold in gently till no white streaks remain.
5) Pour into a 21 cm tube pan, bang on a flat table top a few times to release air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until cooked.
6) Revert cake immediately after bake, cool completely on rack before consuming.