Egg yolk mixture
5 egg yolks
15 g castor sugar
3o ml corn oil
65 ml coconut milk
65 g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
(sift flour and baking powder together)
21/2 tbsp pandan juice (use a dark green leaves, pounded and extract the juice)
5 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
65 g castor sugar
1) Whisk egg yolks and sugar till light and creamy. Add corn oil and whisk till well combined. Add coconut milk & pandan juice, gradually add in sifted flour and mix till just combined.
2) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy, add cream of tartar and continue whisking. Gradually add in sugar and continue to whisk till egg whites form a stiff peak.
3) Fold 1/3 of the meringue to egg yolk mixture, beat it in. Gently fold the remaining meringue to the egg yolk mixture in 2 batches until no white streaks remains.
4) Pour batter into an ungreased tube pan and bake at 170 C for about 40-45 minutes. (if the top turns brown too fast, cover with an aluminium foil).
5) Once baked, invert the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely.