1 tbsp milo powder
130 g Ovo maltine crunchy cream
5 tbsp fresh milk
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
200 g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
Egg yolk mixture
3 large egg yolks
120 g butter
50 g castor sugar
Egg white mixture
3 large egg whites
120 g castor sugar
1) Grease and line a square cake tin. Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
2) Sieve flour with baking powder, salt, set aside.
3) In a saucepan, stir Ovo maltine crunchy cream and milk over low heat till dissolved completely. Set aside to cool.
4) Cream egg yolk with butter till light and creamy, add sugar alternatively and cream till well mixed. Add vanilla essence, ovomaltine mixture and flour alternatively. Whisk till well combined.
5) In a clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites till foamy and gradually add in sugar and whisk till soft peak forms.Transfer 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture and mix this in with a spatula. Gently fold to remaining meringue and mix still no white streaks remain.
6) Pour the batter into cake tin and sieve the milo powder on top, gently bang on table top to release air bubble. Bake in pre-heated oven for 45 minutes. Once the skewer cames out clean, it is cooked.
7) Leave to cool in cake tin for 15 minutes and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.