3 large eggs or 5 eggs
1/2 cup of minced prawns/meat, chopped onions and chives
(** should not be more than beaten eggs or the omelette will not be crispy)
pinch of salt
1 tsp of fish sauce/or to taste
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp of corn flour
1 tsp of chicken powder
2 cups of vegetable oil/roughly about an inch deep in the wok
1) Beat the eggs using a fork or whisk till the eggs mixtures is foamy. (Hold the fork high above the surface to incorporate as much air as possible into the eggs). Add salt, corn flour. fish sauce, light soy sauce, chicken powder and. Beat to mix again after you have mix in the prawns, onions and chives for about 3 seconds.
2) Heat oil in a wok on medium heat till smoking hot, pour the egg mixtures in from about 12″ above the surface of the oil. (If you like it fluffy in the middle, pour it all in the same place in the middle of the wok, if you want it crispy all over, pour the mixture in a circle around the wok).
3) Let it cook till the surface is set and the bottom is slightly golden, the middle might be runny but it is okay. Flip the egg over and increase the heat to high. Let it cook till golden, flip a few times about 15 seconds on each side.
4) Take the egg out of oil and let the oil drips until it stops and drain it on 3-4 sheets of paper towels. Dab the excess oil from the top and let it drain on paper towels for a few minutes. Flip over and do the same to the other side.
5) Serve with sriracha chilli sauce.