100 g fresh blueberries ***
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
30 g fresh blueberries
1 tbsp California Black Raisin
1 tsp corn flour
Egg yolk Ingredients
5 egg yolks
80 ml corn oil
60 castor sugar
130 g Cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
Egg White Ingredients
5 egg whites
60 g castor sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar (Optional)
*** Place 100 g blueberries, lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and cook mixture over low heat. Stir constantly and cook till blueberries have burst and ozzed out it’s juices. Once it thickens, roughly about 8 minutes, remove from heat and let it cool.
1) Pre-heat oven to 175 C. Sieve flour with baking powder, salt and set aside.
Coat 30 g blueberries and raisin with corn flour and aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, add in all the egg yolk ingredients, blueberries mixtures and mix well until everything is incorporated and smooth.
3) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg whites with cream of tartar till foamy, gradually add in the sugar and beat till stiff peaks form.
4) Gently fold in 1/3 of the meringue to egg yolk mixture and stir till well combined. Then slowly add the yolk mixture back to the remaining meringue and fold everything together all is well combined and no white streaks around.
5) Pour the batter to a tube pan (UNGREASED) and place in the pre heated oven to bake for 40-45 minutes or till cooked.
6) Remove from oven immediately and invert on the wire rack to cool.