Egg yolk mixture
4 egg yolk
4 tbsp corn oil
65 g canned lychee
40 g lychee syrup
95 g top flour
30 g rice flour
1/2 tsp baking flour
4 egg whites
1/3 tsp cream of tartar
80 g castor sugar
1) Blend lychee and syrup until fine.
2) Combined egg yolk, oil and lychee puree into a mixing bowl. Sieve both top flour and rice flour and baking powder into egg yolk mixture and mix well. Set aside.
3) In another clean bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy. Gradually add in castor sugar and beatm till stiff peak.
4) Take 1/3 of the meringue and mix into egg yolk mixture, gently fold in until well blended. Pour the egg mixture into the remaining meringue and fold to mix into a smooth batter.
5) Pour into a 21 cm chiffon tube pan, lift the pan about 10 cm off table top and drop it onto the table a few times to remove large r air bubbles. Repeat a few times.
6) Bake in a pre heated oven 170 C for 30-40 minutes. Remove from oven and invert the pan on a cooling rack until cooled completely before removing from the mould.