Egg Yolk mixture
250 g unsalted butter
180 g castor sugar
4 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp fresh milk
3 – 4 De monte banana – mashed
220 g top flour – sift together with 1 tsp bicarbonate soda, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp baking powder)
30 g brown sugar
4 egg whites
150 g castor sugar
1) Cream butter and egg yolk till light and creamy. Add vanilla essence, milk , 1/2 of the sifted flour, 1/2 of the mashed banana, brown sugar and stir to mix evenly with a spatula. Add the res of the flour, banana and fold till incorporated with the batter. Set aside.
2) In a clean mixing bowl, add the egg whites and beat till frothy, gradually add the castor sugar and whisk till soft peak.
3) Fold 1/3 of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture, gently fold until just blended. Pour the batter back to the balance of the 2/3 meringue and fold until mixture is well blended.
4) Pour the batter evenly onto a lined grease 81/2 ” loaf pan and baked in pre heated oven at 165 C for about 1-11/2 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of cake came out clean. (If top browns after 45 minutes, cover with aluminium foil)
5) Cool cake in the pan for about 20 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.