Egg Yolk batter
4 egg yolks
30g brown sugar
1 tsp glucose powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
41/2 tbsp corn oil/vegetable oil
41/2 tbsp fresh milk
30 g Hershey Coco Powder
100 ml water
100 g cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
60 g castor sugar
1) In a small saucepan bring water to a boil, add coco powder and milk, stir over low heat till everything is evenly mixed and creamy. Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat. Set aside to cool.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix the egg yolk, brown sugar, glucose & vanilla essence. Mix well with a hand whisk. Add in oil, whisk in clockwise and mix well. Sift in flour and baking powder, mixing until well combined. Set aside.
3) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy, gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks forms.
4) Transfer 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk mixture, gently fold with a spatula till just blended. Pour the batter back to the 2/3 meringue and fold until mixture well blended and no white streaks remain.
5) Pour into UNGREASED chiffon tube pan (21 cm). Lift about 10cm off the table top and drop it onto the table to remove larger air bubbles. Repeat a few times. (or you use a skewer to stir the mixture around).
6) Bake in a pre-heated oven 165C for 40-45 mins or until cooked. (if top browns too fast, cover with a greased aluminum foil).
7) Once baked, invert the pan and allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the mould.