Ingredients (21 cm tube pan)
4 egg yolk
80 ml milk
145 g Nutella
65 g Self Raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
4 egg whites
65 g castor sugar
1) Pre-heat oven to 170 C.
2) In a small saucepan, heat nutella with milk over low heat and stir till nutella has melted completely and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
3) In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolk and add in nutella mixture and mix till well combined. Add vanilla essence and flour and fold in till well combined. Set aside.
4) In a clean mixing bowl, whisk egg white till foamy and gradually add in the sugar in 3 batches and whisk till stiff peaks form.
5) Transfer 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk mixture, using a spatula, mix this in. Gently fold in the egg yolk mixture to the reamining meringue and fold in till no white streaks remain.
6) Pour into UNGREASED tube pan. Lift the pan about 10 cm off the table top and drop it a few times to remove large air bubbles.
7) Bake on lower rack on high/low heat for 40-45 mins, if the skewer came out clean, this means it is cooked (if the top brown too fast, cover with aluminium fold). Once baked, invert the pan and allow the cake to cool completely before removing from the pan.