250 g unsalted butter
160 g sugar
11/2 tbsp manuka honey/honey
150 ml unsweetened soy milk/fresh milk
220 g Sunsweet pitted prunes
230 g self raising flour/plain flour
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1) Preheat oven to 180 C and grease a square pan with a bit of butter.
2) Mixed flour and baking powder together and sieve. add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
3) Mixed prunes with soy milk and blend coarsely. Set aside.
4) Use a electric hand beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined/pale yellow in colour. Add in 1st egg, beat well after each addition of egg until creamy. Scrape down the sides for even mixing. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
5) Add blended prunes to the egg mixture and add flour slowly, blend mixture with a spatula till well mixed.
6) Pour mixture to grease pan and shake it gently to distribute cake mixture evenly. Place some prunes on top and put into pre-heated oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Use a skewer to test if it is cooked.
7) Remove from oven and let it cool on wire rack for another 5-8 minutes. Serve hot.