Coco Marble Cake
Milo Marble Cake
240 g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
200 g All purpose flour/plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp Manuka Honey (optional)
41/2 tbsp fresh milk/soy milk (60 ml)
4 eggs yolks
21/2 tbsp coco powder/melted dark chocolate/milo powder
4 egg whites
50 g sugar
1) Preheat oven to 160 C. Lightly grease the baking pan with some butter.
2) Mix the flour and baking powder together and sieve it. add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
3) Use a electric hand beater to mix butter and sugar. Mix till well combined or pale yellow in colour. Add in the 1st egg yolk beat well after each addition of egg till creamy. Scrape down the side and add in vanilla essence and fold in the flour into the egg mixture and mix well. Finally add in the milk and mix well. Transfer 1/3 of the mixture into a bowl, add coco or milo powder, remaining 2/3 set aside.
4) In a clean bowl, whisk egg white till foamy, add sugar gradually and whisk till stiff peaks form.
5) Add 1/3 of the egg white to batter with the coco/milo. Fold this in. Add the remaining egg white to the 2/3 batter. Fold this in slowly using a spatula.
6) Pour the batter in a line & lightly grease round pan (8″x 3″). Place a spoonful of the coco/milo batter around the sides and middle of the cake. Use a spatula to make circular motion to create swirls.
7) Bake until golden brown and cooked. Roughly about 40-45 minutes or until an inserted skewer emerges clean. Once baked, cool the cake in the pan for 15-20 minutes before transferring onto the cooling rack to cool completely.