3 Kampong Chicken legs – cut into bite size
300 g pumpkin – cut into big chunks with skin
50 g ikan billis – washed, drained and set aside
4 pieces – kaffir leave
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
Salt and sugar to taste
1/2 Chicken cube
15-20 dried chillies – soaked till soft
3 fresh red chillies
3 cloves garlic
3 stalks lemongrass
1 inch galangal
1 inch ginger
11/2 inch turmeric
50 ml water
1) Season chicken with some salt and corn flour and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
2) Stir fry blended ingredients and tomato ketchup in a wok over low heat till fragrant and dried (no oil is needed). Its takes about 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Add kaffir leaves, ikan billis and chicken meat, stir to mix evenly, add chicken cube and enough water to cover the chicken. Simmer over low medium heat till chicken is 1/2 cooked. Add pumpkin and continue to cook till chicken is cooked through and pumpkin is soft.
4) Season with salt, sugar and taste accordingly. Adjust to your preference. Add more water if you want more gravy but must Not be too watery or runny.
5) Serve hot with rice or white bread.