Briyani Set – Curry Chicken, pappadam and crispy fish
Roti Prata With Chicken Curry
Ingredients (6-8 pax)
8 chicken drumsticks
6 mid-joint chicken wings
4 potatoes – peeled and cut into cubes
2-3 sticks kelo (murungukai) – cut into 2 inch in lengthwise
1 Maggi chicken cube
200 ml coconut milk
1/2 can tomato paste (Hunt’s small can)
Salt & sugar to taste
1 tbsp cashew nut – pounded
1 stalk lemongrass – bruised
8 shallots – sliced
4 cloves garlics – sliced
1 inch ginger – sliced
11/2 tbsp chilli paste (if you want more spicy)
80 cents Indian chicken curry power (buy from wet market and ask then to customize it for you) – mixed with some water to form a smooth paste
6 green cardamons pods
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
2 sprigs curry leaves
1) In a deep bowl, marinade chicken drumsticks and wings with 1 tbsp of the curry paste, 1/2 tsp of salt and corn flour for 30 minutes.
2) Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a wok and saute cardamon, star anise, cinnamon stick, cloves and curry leaves until aromatic. Add curry paste and and continue to saute till well mixed over low heat till fragrant.
3) Add marinated chickens parts, potatoes, kelo and stir to mix evenly, add water, chicken cube and bring to a boil on high heat. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4) Add coconut milk, tomato paste , stir to mix, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes or till chicken and potatoes are cooked through, add cashew powder and add more water if the gravy is too thick. (depends on how thick you want the gravy to be). Season with salt and sugar, taste accordingly.
5) Serve hot with rice or roti prata.