3 rolls egg tofu – cut into 18 pieces (coated with corn flour and salt for 20 minutes).
60 g pumpkin – cut into small cube
120 g chicken meat – minced coarsely (marinade with a pinch of salt, pepper & corn flour for 20 minutes)
220 ml water
8 pieces french beans/snow peas – cut into small pieces
5 pieces baby corns – sliced
1/2 carrot – cut into small pieces
1 stalk spring onion – cut into small pieces
1 red chilli – sliced thinly
Pumpkin Sauce Ingredients
150-200 g pumpkin – skinned, cut into small pieces, steamed and mashed
1/2 tsp salt sugar
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp mushroom/chicken granules
A pinch of pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
1) Boil a pot of water (with a a bit of salt and oil) and blanch cut french beans, baby corns and carrot briefly for 2 seconds. Drained and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a wok and deep fried egg tofu till golden, drained and set aside. In the same wok, deep fried pumpkin cubes for 1-2 minutes, drained and set aside.
3) In the same wok, heat 1 tsp oil and saute minced chicken meat till opaque, drained and set aside. Using a clean wok, heat up 1 tsp oil and saute minced garlic till aromatic, add mashed pumpkin puree, water and stir constantly with a ladle and bring to a boil. Then add in the chicken meat and pumpkin cubes.
4) Add in fried tofu, mix well and add in seasoning ingredients. Lastly add in blanched french beans, baby corns and carrots. Bring to a simmering boil for 2-3 minutes.Sprinkle with a dash of sesame oil.
5) Dish up to serving plate and top with spring onions and chilli. Serve hot.