4 medium sized brinjals – cut into 3 inch in lengthwise and halved
200 g minced chicken meat or pork
2 tbsp dried shrimps – soaked till soft
5 chilli padi
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp belacan powder/1 inch roasted belacan
Salt and sugar to taste
1) Soak cut brinjal in a little salt water.
2) Heat oil in a wok and deep fried brinjals for about 1 minute or until soft, drained and set aside.
3) Reheat wok with 2 tbsp oil and saute the pounded ingredients until aromatic. Add in minced meat and saute till opague.
4) Season with salt and sugar, taste accordingly and add brinjal. Stir to mix and toss briefly over high heat to combine well with the sauce. *Add a bit of water if it is too dry
3) Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.