5 pieces thick dried beancurd sheets (foo peh)
1 tsp honey mixed with 2 tsps water
Oil for deep frying
Marinade Sauce (combined together)
1 piece red beancurd cubes (lam yee) mixed in 1 cup water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp 5-spice powder
3 tbsp roasted sesame seed – pounded
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1) Mix everything in a bowl.
2) Spread a sheet of beancurd on a clean table, slightly clean it with a slightly damp cloth to remove any dirt. Brush each of the beancurd sheets with the sauce. Fold each sheet into 3 overlapping layers, brushing with more sauce on the surface to obtain a rectangle package approximately 121/2 x 71/2 cm (5 x 3 inch)
4) Take a folded beancurd rectangle and thread with a sharp satay stick to hold the multiple layers together and to prevent it from unfolding when fried.
5) Steam over rapidly boiling water for 45 minutes. Cool and brush surface with honey mixture. Leave overnight in the refrigerator.
6) The next day, heat a wok with deep-frying oil until hot. Reduce heat and deep-fry each package separately until golden brown. Carefully remove the satay stick and cut into serving size pieces.
&) Serve hot. Sufficient for 8 with 2 other dishes.
*It is better to use air-fryer