8 large tiger prawns – shelled and halved
(marinade with 1/2 tsp salt, dash of pepper and 1/2 tsp cornflour)
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
Dash of pepper
2 cloves garlics
1 stalk spring onion – chopped
1 sprigs coriander leaves – chopped
1 tsp chilli paste (add more if you want more spicy)
1 tbsp rice flour
2 tbsp sweet potato flour
1 tsp tapioca flour
125 ml water
a spinch of salt
Salt and pepper to taste
1) In a medium bowl, beat eggs with fish sauce and soy sauce. Set aside.
2) Combine flour mixture to make a very thin batter.
3) In a large non-stick pan (28 cm) , heat 1 tsp oil until smoking hot, pour in the batter to coat the pan fully, forming a very thin layer. Move the pan around so it is spread evenly. Allow it to cook and crisp at the bottom, when it turns translucent, add the egg mixture and swirl around the pan. When egg is partially cook, place the prawns around and cooked for 20 seconds. Break into 4 and flip the pieces over. When both sides of the pancake are crisp, stir and push it to one side.
4) Add 1 tsp oil on the other side of the pan and saute the minced garlic till fragrant.Add chilli paste and stir fry for 10 seconds and fold in the egg, chopped onion and coriander leaves. Briskly toss for a few seconds and season with salt and pepper.
5) Serve hot with chilli dip.