400 gm prawns
1 tbsp dried shrimp (soaked till soft and minced) (optional)
3 shallots – coarsely minced
A handful of beansprouts (optional)
30 g green chives (kucai) – coarsely chopped
1 red chilli – minced coarsely
salt and pepper to taste
300 g tempura flour
50 g rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
150 – 200 ml water
1 tbsp oil
1 tsp Knorr Haochi Seasoning powder
a pinch of salt and pepper
1) Shelled prawns and chopped coarsely, season with salt and pepper for 15 minutes.
2) Combined batter ingredients with whisk in one direction to form a smooth texture paste.
3) Add in the prawns, dried shrimps, chives, beansprouts, chillies, onions, stir and mix evenly.
4) Heat oil in a wok, scoop a spoonful of the mixture and slowly drop into the hot oil, use a fork to gently spread it to your desired size. Shallow fry till golden brown. Drained on kitchen towel.
5) Serve hot with sweet, spicy and tangy sauce or mayonnaise. It also goes well with Mee Jawa.