15 quail eggs (hard boiled and shell removed)
1 1/2 tbsp light soya sauce
2 tubes Japanese egg tofu (cut into 12 – 16 pcs)
100 g minced chicken/pork (season with 1/2 tsp salt & corn flour)
1 can button mushrooms (cut into half if it is too big)
1 pkt spinach (red/green) any vegetable also can
2 cloves of garlic – minced
1 onion – cut into 6 pcs
100 g enoki mushroom (optional)
150ml water or chicken stock
Salt, pepper, chicken powder to taste
1 and a 1/2 tbsp abalone sauce/oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp shaoxing wine and 1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp corn flour (mix with water – for thickening)
Oil for frying
1) In a bowl, mix quail eggs with soya sauce, coated egg tofu with some cornflour.
2) In a pot of hot water, add 1 tsp oil and salt, blanch the spinach for 1 mins, drained and arrange on a serving plate.
3) Heat a wok with oil, deep fry quail egg and egg tofu until golden brown, remove and drained. Retain some oil in the wok and saute the onion until transparent and add the garlic.
4) Saute until fragrant and add the minced meat and stir fry till opague. Add button mushrooms.
5) Stir and add in water/stock, salt, pepper, chicken powder and abalone sauce. Cook over medium heat for 3 mins, and then lower heat before adding quail eggs and egg tofu & enoiki mushroom.
6) Braise for another 2-3 mins, and then add the sesame oil and shaoxing wine. Perform a taste test before adding the corn flour mixture. Stir and mix.